Dark circles under the eyes are a common problem of many beauty believers so far. Although it does not cause pain or discomfort, this condition will make the face always tired, old and lifeless. However, do you know the exact reason why the eyes appear dark circles as well as the most scientific and effective way to improve dark circles ? In this article, Paula’s Choice will shed light on that, and provide the necessary information to help you find the most suitable solution. Follow along!
Causes of dark circles under eyes
Most of us think that staying up late at night is the main cause of dark circles under the eyes, but that is not the case. There are many reasons why you have this condition and the treatment methods are also different, so you need to identify the exact “culprit” to find the best solution to improve dark circles.
According to statistics, up to 9 out of 10 people with allergic rhinitis have dark circles under their eyes. This is because the circulation area around the nose and eyes is swollen, causing blood circulation to be obstructed, stagnant and causing the veins under the eyes to bleed, causing dark circles. This is also the answer to the question that skin whitening products cannot solve the problem of dark circles due to blood circulation.
The capillaries around the eyes are damaged
You probably know that the skin around the eyes is very thin, only 1/10th the thickness of the skin in other areas. This means that the skin in this area is also super sensitive and vulnerable. Just a small impact such as rubbing your eyes, scratching your eyes, crying continuously, sneezing strongly or rubbing continuously when removing makeup, eye massage also has the ability to break capillaries in the eyes, causing dark circles.
Do not remove makeup
For those who often wear makeup, removing makeup around the eyes to clean eyeline, mascara, eyeshadow, eyelid glue, etc. is extremely necessary. Because when you do not remove makeup, these products accumulate on the eye area for a long time, leading to the deposition of pigments around the eyes. And of course, if you don’t remove makeup thoroughly, after a while, you won’t need to resort to makeup tools anymore because the eye area has already appeared “smoky eyes” naturally.
As we age, the aging process will affect the fat organization under the skin of the eye area to decrease, the skin will be thinner, so dark circles will appear heavier and heavier. In addition, the frequent exposure of your face to the sun will accelerate the aging of the skin, increase the production of melanin pigments, leading to the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
- Hormonal imbalance during pregnancy: During pregnancy and childbirth, many people will experience darkening of the skin around the eyes due to hormonal imbalance.
- Due to genetic factors: If in the family of parents with congenital dark circles under eyes, up to 85% of the hereditary rate of “panda eyes” will be found in the offspring.
- Due to lack of nutrients: Nutrients also determine skin pigmentation, especially the eye area. The diet lacks substances, drinking less water, the body will react and one of them is darkening in the eye area.
- Habits: Staying up late, waking up early, eating irregularly…
Scientific ways to improve dark circles
In fact, there are no topical products that can completely remove dark circles under the eyes. Any additional measures are only supportive. However, if you know how to combine different methods of impact, you can completely make the dark circles around the eyes become lighter and help the skin around the eyes be more perfect.
With dark circles related to blood vessels
Those who are unfortunate enough to have allergic rhinitis or sinusitis, seek medical attention and try to get treatment to alleviate the condition. Keep out of the wind, dust and pollen, and animal hair to prevent aggravation. You can also use topical eye creams and ointments containing vitamins A, C, and Omega to increase skin elasticity and thickness. In addition, some cosmetic methods such as fat transfer, collagen injection around the eyes to create a vascular cover can also overcome this dark circle problem.
With dark circles due to pigmentation
Dark circles due to pigmentation are often genetic and the best way to overcome this problem is to use sunscreen, sunglasses for the eye area, use products containing skin lightening active ingredients, anti-aging. aging to improve. But be very patient, because results are not obtained in a day or two. In case the pigmentation is too dark, you can resort to laser methods to treat.
With dark circles due to aging
People who regularly use computers and phones, work day and night, will show signs of rapid aging of the eye area, especially dark circles under the eyes. This form of dark circles can be cleverly covered with makeup but only has a temporary effect. You need to combine anti-aging products specifically for the eye area with a massage head for instant relaxation, preventing aging agents from appearing.
In case of large eye bags and dark circles, you need to find techniques for subcutaneous fat transplantation, hyaluronic acid injection to fill the concave area around the eyes, …
Maintain daily eye care
Besides cosmetic intervention, as we also mentioned above, using eye cream daily in combination with a scientific skin care process will also be the optimal measure to improve dark circles under the eyes. Accordingly, you can refer to some of the following eye cream products with special formulas with outstanding ingredients from Paula’s Choice:
Omega+ Complex Eye Cream
With a formula rich in Omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids and a variety of nutrients, Omega+ Complex Eye Cream has the ability to nourish healthy skin from the inside, helping to improve texture, strengthen elasticity, thereby for the skin around the eyes to become firm, support to fade dark as well as crow’s feet.
- Omega Fatty Acids and Ceramides are rich sources of moisture, strengthen the healthy skin barrier, improve and reverse the signs of aging.
- Niacinamide and plant-based ingredients help brighten, reduce signs of dryness, and improve dark circles.
- Ultra-light cream texture, instantly absorbed, does not cause stickiness
Ceramides Enriched Firming Eye Cream
Clinical Ceramide – Enriched Firming Eye Cream has the ability to visibly smooth under eye wrinkles, intensively regenerate skin to nourish the skin around the eyes for a healthy glow with a concentration of 5 types of additional Ceramides. , 4 forms of Brightening Vitamin C, 2 Peptides and Retinol. Specifically:
- Vitamin C: Visibly improves uneven skin tone and brightens the skin around the eyes
- Retinol: Quickly reduces deep wrinkles
- Peptides: Improves skin texture
- Use twice daily for best results
Resist Anti-Aging Eye Gel
Researched to suit all skin types around the eyes, specifically targeting specific problems such as dark circles and fine lines, Resist Anti-Aging Eye Gel has an ingredient list. Advantages strongly affect the defects in the skin around the eyes:
- Niacinamide: Brightens and evens skin tone, improves skin texture, thereby improving dark circles
- Peptides: Change the skin structure from the inside, limiting the appearance of puffiness or wrinkles
- Hyaluronic Acid: Enhances the skin’s ability to retain water, brightens the skin around the eyes
C5 Super Boost Moisturizer
C5 Super Boost Moisturizer’s unique formula with 5% Vitamin C and ingredients that help improve dark circles will give your eyes a noticeable change:
- Vitamin C (5%): Reduces dullness/darkness, enhances firmness, fights the harmful effects of free radicals that cause aging
- Special Peptide Complex: Firms the skin under the eyes while addressing pigmentation changes that cause dark circles.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Superior skin-restoring ingredient that increases water retention, providing antioxidant defense
- Zerumbone: Concentrated extract of wild ginger limits hyperpigmentation (helps reduce dark blue-gray to pale purple under the eyes), soothes and protects from UV damage
Note in daily eye care routine
The habit of maintaining daily eye care also contributes to the improvement of dark circles under the eyes. Often we only care for the skin of the face and body, but ignore the delicate eye area. So you need to note the following things to get a radiant face, healthier eyes:
- Use your ring finger to massage and apply cream on the eye area, because this is the finger with the lightest force in the hand, limiting the impact on the skin. Use your fingers to take the cream, pat the cream from the center of the eye to the corner of the eye, avoiding the force that causes wrinkles to form. Especially need to apply a thin layer, thick cream will inadvertently put pressure on the delicate skin
- You can use many different eye cream products at the same time to optimize the effect of improving dark circles and other imperfections
- Use a cotton pad/warm tea bag to squeeze out the water and place it on your face to relax your eyes
- Moisturize your eyes regularly 2 times a day: morning after waking up and night before going to bed. The eye area is moist enough to have good elasticity and minimize the formation of wrinkles
- Get enough sleep, less anxious thoughts, eat enough food
- Avoid using eye creams, eye masks, etc. floating in the market of unknown origin
The above are the causes of dark circles under the eyes and how to improve the corresponding dark circles. The most important thing you need to remember is to be persistent in doing it regularly so that the results are more than expected. Paula’s Choice Vietnam wishes you success!