What is the correct way to use concealer ? How can this step be most effective? Surely many of you are still wondering this. Let’s read the article below to know the answer.
Why Use Concealer?
Surely many of you will think that only people with imperfect skin need concealer. However, this is not true as we think. Concealer is an indispensable makeup step of a makeup look whether the user has beautiful skin or not.
Uses Of Concealer In Makeup
If you learn more about makeup, you will know that concealer is not only yellow, skin color … This makeup cream has many different colors from orange, green to pink, purple. It can be said that this is a multi-purpose cream and you can upgrade your makeup level a few notches if you know how to take full advantage of the useful functions of that concealer.
- Skin pigmentation balance : For those of you with red skin, swollen acne, dark acne, dark circles, pale skin, bruises … then concealer is the savior to help correct the skin before going. foundation step.
- Make eyeshadow primer : If you haven’t bought a tube of specialized cream to use as a primer for eyeshadow, use a layer of concealer right away. The eyelids will both absorb less oil, balance the color, stick to powder and color better.
- Fix makeup errors : If you accidentally smeared mascara or eyeliner, smeared lipstick, applied blush too much… then just use a little concealer to handle it, without having to take the time to remove makeup and makeup. re-point from the beginning.
- Long-lasting lipstick : If your favorite lipstick doesn’t last long, use a concealer before the lipstick step. At this time, the concealer with a thin layer will act as a primer to help the lipstick not only last long but also have a more standard color.
- Thickening eyelashes : The secret to having thick, seductive eyelashes without buying mascara is to use a layer of concealer that applies evenly from the base to the tip of the eyelashes. When this cream dries, simply apply your mascara and witness the amazing results.
- Helps blush more color : With blushers, especially creams with transparent effects, the color will be difficult to get right and won’t last all day. The secret to improving this situation is concealer. Before applying blush, you just need to apply a thin layer of cream on the part that needs to be blushed.
What Step Should Concealer Use?
Concealer has many uses as above, so which step should be used appropriately? If you regularly watch makeup videos, you will see that concealer is used mainly in 2 orders as follows:
- Use before applying foundation : This is the most professional way that makeup artists or bloggers often use. Using concealer first will help face imperfections such as dark circles, acne scars be better covered. For those who have not really good skin, this method should be applied. However, applying concealer first, the background layer also makes the foundation thicker, making the makeup look heavy. If you have acne-prone skin, you should consider carefully.
- Use after applying foundation : Most people usually only add concealer after seeing that the foundation has imperfections that have not been covered. However, this approach also has disadvantages. Problems such as dark circles or large areas of defects will not be completely covered. If the concealer is lighter than the foundation, it can also lead to undesirable results, highlighting the areas you need to cover.
Looking for more information:
- Which contouring powder is good?
- How to contour a square face with makeup.
- How to do makeup for thin face.
- How to make face slim naturally.
How to Choose the Right Concealer
If choosing the right concealer is like having a magic wand, it’s not wrong. You can transform to have blemish-free skin and use this makeup cream for many different useful uses. So how to choose the right concealer? The answer is that you should choose according to the color and texture of the product you want to buy.
Choose By Tone To Suit Your Skin Condition
Concealer not only skin color, yellow but also other tones. This color division depends on your own skin condition.
- Green : Traces of acne, red inflamed acne will be neutralized by green, helping your face to be more even. You should pay attention to choose a concealer with additional acne-fighting ingredients to limit the condition of the skin being clogged and prone to acne.
- Yellow : This color will cover bruises, blood vessels to help the skin have more vitality. Skin will be lifted up without looking too obvious.
- Orange : Dark circles under the eyes, dark acne will be easily concealed by concealer with this pigment. People with dark skin should also use this color to effectively conceal imperfections.
- Purple : This color is used to help reduce dull, pale skin. The areas that need to be concealed are also the areas that need to be highlighted on the face such as the nose, chin, cheekbones.
Besides, if you want to cover up wrinkles, you can choose concealer closest to your skin tone. If you want to use concealer as highlighter, you should choose one that is about 1 tone lighter than your skin tone.
Choose By Concealer Texture
Concealers are quite popular in liquid form. However, it also has different textures such as stick, compact powder, cream. Each of these types of structures will be suitable for a different use.
For those of you who have acne-prone, dry, flaky skin or dry skin types, you should choose liquid concealer. The easily spreadable cream will not make the dryness of the skin worse.
For those of you with normal skin with large pores, dark blemishes, you should choose a concealer in a solid stick or cream form for the highest coverage.
If your skin has few blemishes, you just want to look less pale or red, you should use a liquid cream concealer or use a primer instead.
Looking for more information:
- Men’s makeup tutorial for beginners.
How to Use Concealer
Depending on the different skin areas on the face, the way to apply concealer also slightly changes. You will choose different concealer implementations as well as tones.
For Eye Area
A lot of people have problems with the skin under their eyes such as dark circles, large bags, or redness. However, this skin area is very thin and sensitive, you need to be very careful when using concealer here.
- Should choose liquid or cream concealer, combine with bright highlighter to maximize dark circles, puffiness
- Should choose the same tone as the foundation or a little brighter for the face to be harmonious and natural.
- If the eye bags are purple, use a yellow cream to neutralize the pigment.
- If you use bright white highlighter, you should choose dark orange concealer, if pink highlight, you should use yellow concealer or the color closest to your skin tone.
- Note that when applying the cream, it should be handled gently and evenly, avoiding creating more wrinkles for the eyes.
- There are 2 ways to apply the cream: follow the inverted triangle under the eye bags or just apply to the top and tail of the eyes upwards.
For Dark Spots, Wrinkles
Other areas of skin with defects such as acne and wrinkles will be easier to conceal than the eye area, the operation is also simpler.
- Use a cream or liquid concealer to avoid peeling.
- If the dark area is large, use concealer in stick form.
- The color of concealer should be pink.
- If the acne scar is red or swollen, use a green concealer or a color close to the skin tone.
- You can apply multiple layers if the coverage is not satisfactory.
- Use your fingers or a brush to spread the cream evenly, avoiding revealing too thick concealer.
- Do not use your hands to apply the cream if the acne area is too large, which can spread bacteria.
How to use concealer properly
Notes When Using Concealer
You probably already know the uses and how to choose a concealer. However, how to apply makeup to conceal imperfections properly, to help the product promote its full use, not everyone knows. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Always pay attention to clean and nourish the skin before applying concealer
- Do not use too much concealer, it will cause a secret, heavy face.
- You can use a brightener or an illuminator to help improve the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
- Concealer can be used to create a light block for the face or hit too dark corners such as the wings of the nose, the corners of the mouth …
- Concealer should be used in a well-lit place, looking directly at it to easily recognize problem areas on the face.
- You can use many types of concealer at the same time depending on the different skin conditions on your face
It is recommended to use a sponge to cover a large area of imperfections, to help the coating be smooth and even.
- How to use concealer in a reasonable stick form: use when you need high coverage, don’t hit too thick at once, it will be difficult to spread, so apply multiple layers if needed.
- Liquid, cream foundation can cause the previous concealer to be patchy, so it is recommended to use concealer after using this foundation.
- Concealer should be covered before using powder foundation
With the knowledge shared above, hopefully you can draw for yourself how to use the right concealer . Hope you will buy the most satisfactory concealer, help the face transform more beautiful and the makeup becomes flawless.