Conventional body care products only have a simple moisturizing effect that ignores the factors that help nourish the skin for a comprehensive healthy look. More than anyone else, Paula’s Choice understands this. We have researched and created special body formulas, especially needed when winter comes. Here are some notes on winter body care and some suggestions we have for you. Follow along!
1. What will the body skin look like when winter comes?
Winter body care is just as important as facial care if you want to have smooth, hydrated skin. The sharp drop in temperature along with cold winds and low humidity in winter are the leading causes of the body emitting more heat, the moisture on the face and body skin therefore also decreases.
In addition, due to external factors such as two-way air conditioners, heaters, and fans that are used continuously in closed rooms, your skin is also affected for many hours.
The habit of drinking less water or wearing tight clothes with many layers or not cleaning thoroughly in the winter are also the causes of various problems on the body skin.
The body skin problems in winter can be encountered at this time:
- Dehydration, lack of moisture, become dry and flaky
- Severe dryness leads to chapping and redness
- More sensitive, weaker skin
- Keratinized cells and impurities stick to the skin, making the skin dull, rough, even acne appears
2. Tips for winter body care
Paula’s Choice always tries every day to optimize the perfect cosmetic formula for each skin problem. Besides, experts Paula’s Choice also constantly research to come up with perfect solutions in daily skin care routine. The skin on the face and body can completely face the same problems if not nourished properly. Accordingly, for winter body care , here are some notes for you:
2.1. Choose body care products in winter
If your skin is in a state of dryness, prioritize products with thick textures such as creams with vegetable oil ingredients to prevent flaking and deeply moisturize the skin.
However, in case your skin is not too dry and you want to target specific problems, a lotion with gentle moisturizing ingredients and skin-regenerating actives will be suitable.
In addition, regardless of how to choose a winter moisturizer or cosmetic products for the face and body, the important groups of ingredients to have are:
- Restorative ingredients: Niacinamide, Peptides, Ceramides, Omega 3, 6, 9, vitamins,…
- Regenerating ingredients: BHA, AHA, Retinol,…
- Skin soothing ingredients
Conversely, the following ingredients are to be avoided in any cosmetic formulation:
- Dry Alcohol, SD Alcohol
- Mineral oil
- Essential oils (natural or artificial)
- Colorants (natural or artificial)
- Especially mercury, corticosteroids – ingredients often found in “toning” cream products.
Only a very small percentage of the ingredients mentioned above can make the skin sensitive, even worse, dermatitis, skin cancer, etc.
That’s why Paula’s Choice products always adhere to the 3 no’s philosophy: No Fragrances – No Colorants – No Animal Testing.
2.2. Don’t skip sun protection
Besides choosing the right winter body care products, skin protection is an important step that every beauty believer should note.
Research indicates that the intensity of UVA rays is constant in winter. While UVB is the cause of sunburn, UVA is the cause of tanning and skin cancer. Along with that, UVA rays are also present in blue light sources such as phones, televisions, computers.
Applying sunscreen to the body and face every day will protect the skin from UV rays along with other harmful environmental factors such as smog and pollution. Sunscreen is also considered a winter day cream that you should not miss.
Refer to Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – a perfect anti-drift formula with SPF 50, a broad spectrum filter and rich moisturizing and antioxidant ingredients.
2.3. Remove dead skin cells for body skin daily
Maintaining a daily body scrub with AHAs and BHAs will help:
- Remove dead cells, keratinized skin on the surface and in the pores
- Prevents the aging process, stimulates the process of stimulating the production and regeneration of cells, helping to rejuvenate the skin
- Enhance the absorption of nutrients in the following steps, faster and better.
- Nourishing, deep cleansing, smooth, soft skin
You can perfectly combine both AHA/BHA exfoliants in your body care routine. However, you should use it every other day or alternate morning and night for the best effect:
- Exfoliating products containing BHA suitable for skin with folliculitis, back acne that are easy to clog pores: Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA
- Skin Revealing Body Lotion 10% AHA Skin Revealing Body Lotion 10% AHA
2.4. Replenish body essence for winter
The smart ingredient panel of the 5% Niacinamide Body Serum promises to bring a noticeable change to the body’s skin:
- 5% Niacinamide: Also known as Vitamin B3, has the ability to improve uneven skin tone, dark spots, enlarged pores and damaged skin membranes, while assisting in reducing inflammation.
- 5% D-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5): Reduces dark spots, soothes redness, enhances self-healing of skin lesions.
- Hydrolyzed prickly pear extract: Antioxidant, soothes and smooths skin texture.
- Saccharide Isomerate: A plant-based humectant that is highly compatible with the skin, helping to improve the skin’s moisture balance for a long time.
Not only that, the product also contains many great nutrients such as Glycerin, Squalane oil, especially a vegan product that does not contain fragrances, colorants or any ingredients that can cause skin irritation.
2.5. Moisturizing body skin
The best winter body cream will definitely fulfill the criteria we mentioned above. At the same time, for each skin problem, Paula’s Choice has also designed a special formula with its own ingredients:
- Dry, rough, severely dehydrated skin: Daily Replenishing Body Cream
- Skin-Smoothing Retinol Body Treatment . Skin-Smoothing Retinol Body Treatment
In addition, you can apply more Lip & Body Treatment Balm for “stubborn” skin areas on elbows and heels.
3. Winter body skin care routine
Unlike summer skin care when the temperature and humidity are high, users need to alternately use products for the body, the winter body care process at this time is:
- Step 1: Cleanse skin with mild body wash. Do not use harsh scrubbing cleaning tools to avoid damaging the skin
- Step 2: Remove dead cells with AHA/BHA. Physical exfoliation can cause dry skin, especially in winter. At the same time, the scrub particles only clean the surface, over time have the ability to affect the natural lipid layer on the skin, weakening the skin barrier.
- Step 3: Body Essence
- Step 4: Body moisturizer/body sunscreen
Above is the necessary information about the winter body care expert Paula’s Choice provides for your reference and application. If there are any problems that need to be answered in the skin care process, contact Paula’s Choice Vietnam at hotline 1900 6409 for the fastest advice.