Moldy skin with makeup is a common condition and there are many different causes for this problem. Are you experiencing moldy skin? Understanding the cause of powdery mildew is the first step to solving this situation. Let’s refer to how to apply chalk without mold right in the article below!
Why does chalk get moldy?
The condition of moldy skin when wearing makeup, also known by the fashion world by the term “cakey”, is a condition in which the powder layer on the skin is peeled off, making the skin look rough and unsightly. When the makeup is moldy, the girlfriend will lose a lot of points in the eyes of the opposite person, especially, the makeup will then be “counterproductive” compared to the original desire.
So why does makeup get moldy? Take a look at one of the reasons below:
- Skin is not moisturized and cleaned thoroughly: When your skin is dry, dead cells remain on the surface of the skin, they will interfere with the action of concealer products such as foundation, concealer. , powder, etc. From there, they form flecks on the skin, which look moldy. In particular, when the skin is too dry, the powder will be difficult to eat and stick on the face for a long time.
- Uneven layers of makeup: When you use foundations and powders unevenly, too much or too little also causes the makeup to go moldy. On your face will reveal many layers of powder and difficult to evenly color.
- The order of the makeup steps is wrong (you use the powder first and then use the foundation) or you have not waited for this cream to dry and rushed to apply another type immediately, which is also one of the reasons why the skin is cakey.
- Natural skin properties: With oily skin, oil is easily secreted in a short period of time, washing away powders and creams, making makeup easily fade and not as smooth as the original. As for dry skin, creams and powders are difficult to stay on the skin for a long time, thus causing flaking.
Makeup steps to prevent skin from getting moldy
This is the preparation step that takes a lot of effort to have a perfect makeup layer. Skin care is not only a day or two but has beautiful skin right away, but if you don’t have the conditions, you can apply moisturizer and mask before applying makeup. However, to have perfect beautiful skin whether wearing makeup or not, you need to perform all the steps to remove makeup – wash your face – exfoliate – use toner.
These steps should be done as a daily routine if you have the time and really care about your skin. But there’s also a mold-free tip for lazy girls: before an important makeup event, you can do the above steps, if your skin is still dry, ask for help. of moisturizing masks. The mask will quickly hydrate, soften the skin and make your face more powdery.
The step of applying primer is actually an extremely important step but often overlooked by girls. Unlike your daily skin cream, primer protects your skin from foundation, concealer, and powder, while also keeping makeup on your face for longer.
The key to makeup that doesn’t get moldy is foundation. The foundation needs to be suitable for your skin type in order to get the most out of it. So, what criteria to choose foundation cream for each skin type?
- For oily skin, you should use an oil-free foundation with an oil-control effect, helping your face to be more restrained, less oily, thereby keeping makeup longer.
- For dry skin, try products with nutrients to hydrate and nourish your skin even while wearing makeup.
- With combination skin, products with Silica and Lecithin ingredients are your saviors, it not only controls oil but also brings nutrients to your skin.
In particular, you should also consider choosing a foundation according to your skin color. Choose a foundation with the color closest to your skin tone, and a yellow tint will make you look healthier.
Sometimes, foundation can’t cover all your skin imperfections, so you need to find another savior, which is concealer. Concealer has a color rule that you need to follow, such as orange to cover dark circles or blemishes on the face, blue to cover up acne, purple to calm yellow skin. .
However, when using concealer, you should spread evenly with your hands and skillfully combine with foundation to make the foundation smooth and even. A tip for you is that after applying concealer, go to a well-lit place to evaluate the bright and dark areas on your face, to use the right amount of foundation.
Powder is one of the steps that cannot be skipped after finishing makeup. One secret to making the foundation not cakey is to use a low-coverage powder. In particular, you should choose the type that contains minerals, so that the powder will keep the makeup on the face longer.
Finally, after completing your makeup, remember to mist or lock your makeup to keep your skin smooth and natural for as long as possible. In particular, remember to keep the spray bottle about 25-30cm away from the face so that the tiny water droplets are enough to moisturize and lock makeup. If you put it too close, they will make your efforts go with the water!
Some notes when applying makeup so that the skin does not get moldy
Careful skin care
Before applying any makeup products on your face, you need to take good care of your skin first. The more you are a makeup fan, the more you need to protect your skin. After applying makeup, the skin is very susceptible to dehydration and damage, leading to shedding dead cells or worse, acne. So, if you don’t want to have trouble with makeup or have a musty foundation, take good care of your skin.
Use makeup tools
Many women often “handle” apply makeup products on their face. This habit makes the bacteria on the hands easily come into contact with the face, causing acne. In addition, hand cream is often difficult to evenly spread, causing the makeup to become patchy and easier to peel off.
To limit this situation and protect skin health, be familiar with makeup tools. Today, to apply foundation and powder, there are three main types of tools: brush, sponge and sponge. These products are easy to use and do a good job of spreading creams and powders, helping your foundation to be evenly colored and stick to the skin better.
Use cream products
When the weather turns cold, your skin loses moisture and becomes drier. In that case, if moisturizing still hasn’t completely “saved” your skin, use cream makeup products. With the advantage of being easy to spread and stick on the skin for a long time, these products will make the skin “breathe” more and more naturally!
The thinner the base layer, the more effective it is
As the skin becomes more moldy, the thicker the foundation to try to hide, the more counterproductive it becomes. In this case, you should reduce unnecessary steps, keep the foundation thinner, the skin will look more natural and more vibrant.
Here are some of our tips on how to apply powder that won’t go moldy . Hope the article has shared useful information for you. Wish you always have healthy, beautiful and confident skin!