Despite being busy with many roles from model, founder and operating natural skin care brand Kora Organics, to mother of 3 children, Miranda still manages to balance the roles and take good care of them. for yourself. Of all the beauty secrets from Miranda Kerr, celery is an important and effective way to promote health and help fight aging. Let’s learn with Beauty & Style 365 how to drink this vegetable to be as beautiful as the former Victoria’s Secret angel.
Celery Juice in Miranda Kerr’s Wellness Cycle
Miranda Kerr shared that every morning she drinks celery juice on an empty stomach:
“I drink 32 oz (about 960ml) but if you are just starting out you should only drink from 16 oz (about 480ml). I’ve been drinking like that for a few years now.”
This juice is not only used by Miranda Kerr, but she also “encourages” her husband – Evan Spiegel, co-founder of Snapchat – to drink with her. At first, Evan wasn’t the type of person who cared too much about health like Miranda, but then its effectiveness convinced him. After only 2 weeks, Evan got to know and love this drink.
See this post on Instagram
Miranda Kerr’s recipe
Miranda Kerr is “religious” of pure juice, so she only needs a juicer for this nutritious juice:
“You just buy a juicer. Then wash it well, put it in the press and that’s it.”
See this post on Instagram
Other Celery Juice Recipes
Celery juice is very healthy, but not everyone can drink it as pure as Miranda because its taste is a bit difficult to drink. If you feel the same way, try some of the recipes that Beauty & Style 365 recommends.
recipe with lemon and honey
Ingredients: 500g celery, 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon honey
- Celery washed, cut into pieces. Squeeze lemon juice.
- Put celery into the machine, squeeze the juice and mix with lemon juice and honey.
- You can use more ice and garnish with a few slices of lemon for a beautiful look.
Celery juice with lemon and honey is a recipe for weight loss.
recipe with apple, pineapple and ginger
Ingredients: 200g celery, 1 apple, pineapple, ginger
- Wash and chop the ingredients.
- Put the ingredients in the juicer one by one to squeeze out the juice
- You can use more ice if you want.
Some other celery juice recipes you can refer to at the link below:
Ingredients of Celery
Not only loved by Miranda Kerr, but celery juice is also a familiar drink for Pharrell Williams, Jenna Dewan, Liv Tyler, Novak Djokovic and many other celebrities. So what ingredients does this food have that make it so popular?
Celery contains a substance called apigenin, an ingredient in traditional medicine with anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antioxidant properties. In addition, a 2016 study showed that apigenin also has the potential to be used to treat cancer. Another study in 2015 on mice also showed that apigenin has the ability to enhance resistance and benefit the immune system.
Celery also contains another substance called luteolin. A team of scientists published a study in 2009, showing that luteolin has the potential to fight cancer. This substance can make cancer cells more vulnerable to chemotherapy.
In addition, vegetables like celery are also high in fiber, vitamin K, vitamin B9, vitamin A, potassium, vitamin C and antioxidants.
- The two substances apigenin and luteolin present in celery have anti-inflammatory as well as anti-cancer effects.
- At the same time, apigenin also has an effect on the formation and development of nerve cells, helping to enhance learning and memory.
- In addition, for people with high blood pressure, adding fiber-rich foods like celery to their diet will help regulate blood pressure.
- Not only that, a study in 2014 on rats also showed that celery has the ability to lower LDL cholesterol (the type of cholesterol that is harmful to health) thereby helping to reduce the risk of stroke or cardiovascular disease due to diabetes. caused by high cholesterol.
- Another 2016 study backs this up, showing that people on a high-fiber diet had lower blood cholesterol and total cholesterol than those on a low-fiber diet.
Side effects of celery
Despite being mentioned with many benefits, celery is not a magic potion that can be used freely. It is a food that can cause allergies. Allergy symptoms can include: difficulty breathing, redness, and swelling. If you have allergic symptoms, you need to immediately go to the nearest medical facility for timely treatment.
Pregnant women are also advised not to use products containing celery seed. One more thing to keep in mind is pesticides, celery is one of the foods that most often contain pesticides. Therefore, you need to wash it before processing to remove pesticide residues.