How to choose an effective foundation is probably what most people are looking for. Because a good foundation jar will help you get a beautiful foundation, a perfect stepping stone for the next makeup steps. The following article will tell you tips on how to choose the most effective foundation color today that not everyone knows, stay tuned.
Determine Skin Undertone
An important step in choosing a foundation you need to do is to understand your skin’s undertone. Simply put, undertone is the color underneath your skin’s surface. It is not affected by external influences and does not change like skin (can be affected by time and sunlight…).
If you choose the right foundation undertone, you will always have the most skin-friendly foundation, without being revealed or unfortunate. There are 3 types of skin tone and the simple way to determine it is as follows:
Choose foundation according to your skin’s undertone
- Cold Undertone : Your wrist blood vessels are blue or purple, suitable for silver jewelry, when out in the sun, the skin will be blue. Your natural hair color will be black, brown, blonde, green, gray or blue eye color. When sunburned, the skin turns red.
- Neutral undertone: The wrist blood vessels are blue, green, suitable for gold and silver jewelry, when exposed to the sun, the skin will be green
- Warm undertone: The blood vessels under the skin are olive green or light green, suitable for gold jewelry, the skin will look yellow under the sun. Natural hair will be black, auburn or prone to yellow, red. Eye color is chestnut, brown, amber. When sunburned, the skin will easily tan and turn brown.
Once you know your undertone, choosing a foundation will be a little easier. You can determine the shade of foundation that suits your skin:
- Warm undertone skin will match with yellow, brown, caramel, chestnut foundation …
- Skin with medium undertone will suit ivory, dark yellow, skin tones…
- Cold undertone will suit foundation with pink, red, gray, porcelain white…
How to determine the undertone of the skin?
How to Choose the Right Foundation
Choose the Color of Foundation that best suits your skin
If the undertone test is too difficult or time consuming, you can skip this step and go straight to the cosmetics counter to try the foundation. You should choose the tone of the foundation so that it suits your skin best, not too light or darker.
When the foundation is closest to your skin tone, the makeup will not be too obvious. The treatment of red spots, freckles, light dark circles also becomes easier and more natural.
You may have read advice somewhere that you should choose a foundation color lighter than your skin tone to prevent the foundation from oxidizing. However, with today’s modern cosmetic technology, it is almost impossible to encounter this case.
Looking for more information:
- Which blush is good?
- What is CC cream?
Should Try The Jaw Foundation
You should not try foundation on areas such as wrists, backs of hands. Usually, everyone’s face and hands are not exactly the same tone. Some people have lighter facial skin and vice versa. Therefore, testing the foundation for the face in the hand area will give inaccurate results.
You should try the foundation on the jawline. The skin tone here will be closest to your facial skin tone. When trying, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Before trying the cream, you should exfoliate, clean the skin and moisturize it fully, otherwise the oil and dirt on the skin will make the foundation color incorrect, leading to choosing the wrong color.
- Try it out only with the cosmetic store’s trial label
- Have to wait for the cream to dry completely and stand in a place with the most light or preferably natural light to know for sure how the foundation color will be.
- If there is no product to try, hold the bottle of foundation and place it near the neck and jaw to observe
Try On The Chin Foundation For The First Time Use
If you do your own makeup or do someone else’s makeup, keep this tip in mind: try applying foundation on your chin and cheeks first. This will make the skin brighter. Especially, you can realize whether the foundation is suitable for your skin or not to adjust.
When applying foundation, you should pay attention to do it from the inside out in an upward direction. You should not apply foundation in the downward direction, to avoid sagging skin, easy to leave wrinkles.
Don’t Abuse Foundation On Nose And Forehead
When using foundation, you should spread it all over the face. You can add more layers if you want more coverage. However, there are 2 areas of skin that you need to be careful not to apply a lot of foundation: the nose and the forehead.
You should use a brush or sponge to apply a thin layer to the forehead and nose. If there are blemishes, use more concealer. Light makeup in these two areas will make your face more natural and gentle. Especially when it comes to reducing the amount of cream, even though the T-zone is heavily oiled, it is difficult to make the foundation tone down.
Looking for more information:
- Liquid foundations.
- Round head foundation brushes.
- Long-lasting smooth, creamy foundations.
Choose the Right Undertone Foundation
Foundation is like your skin, divided into 3 undertones: warm, cold and neutral. You should choose a foundation that merges with your undertone for a flawless, natural finish. However, sometimes there are exceptions.
Those with warm, yellow skin tones but want rosy skin can choose a foundation with a light pink undertone. As for those with red skin, you can choose a yellow undertone foundation to neutralize it.
Choose the Right Foundation for Each Skin Type
Makeup foundation affects quite a lot on your skin. The more often you use it, the more this effect will increase. The wrong foundation will only make your skin condition worse, increase sensitivity or even breakout.
Everyone’s skin condition is different. Even a person in a year has a time when his skin changes. In the summer, the skin produces more oil and sweat than in the winter. When you change your hormones, your skin is also more prone to acne than usual.
Therefore, you should be wise in how to choose a foundation that matches your skin tone to make this makeup product best suited to your current skin condition. There are a few points you should keep in mind:
- If your skin is oily, choose a foundation with many mineral ingredients, good oil control, matte, semi-matte or natural effect. Glowy or dewy foundations should be avoided.
- Combination skin type: Any combination skin that is naturally dry or oily should take care of the skin thoroughly before applying makeup, paying special attention to the moisturizing step. The most suitable type of foundation is liquid, water-based.
- With dry skin: This skin type needs extra moisture, especially when wearing makeup. You should choose a liquid foundation, water-based, ingredients that contain moisturizers for the skin, giving a dewy, glowy effect.
With the knowledge shared above, you must have understood how to choose the most effective foundation today. Hope you will find yourself a satisfactory foundation product to always have a flawless, flawless face that is still natural and beautiful like your “second skin”.